Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hosea 2 and Hebrews 2

a bunch of Gomers we are...or I am.
always blessed by God's IMMENSE LOVE.....a Gomer

so, to live redeemed, what does it look like?
grateful
grateful looks like?
in love w/my redeemer savior

when i'm in love with something or someone all my thots are there.....
impressed and hopeful
loved and loving
passionate
i want to talk to them always...be with them....listen to them...curious about them

Redeemed and introspect with gratitude
instropspection brings quiet
in the quiet i hear..............sacrifice...His...but I wonder what You are asking me to sacrifice?

Hole in our Gospel page 42...when things become precious to us, whether our possessions, our work, our status and positions (our comforts) or even our friends and families - we really don't want to let go of them. They become idols that compete with God in our lives.....when 'they' divide our hearts and compromise our commitment to the Lord.....

I have a divided heart when I want what I want more than what You want.
divided heart = crazy

I am afraid Abba - always afraid - of what You will ask me to give up...so I have acquired little in the way of material things.......relationships....my comfort....these i value- these are my 'precious'......

Hosea 2:20 You'll know me, God, for who I really am....

it's all about YOU, us acknowledging You...everything YOU do, have done, will do....is about us getting THAT?
You don't need us to...YOU WANT us to...Us to want what you want MORE than anything. Made in Your image we stubbornly refuse over and over and over...and You wait, KNOWING what is BEST for us...You are IMMENSE in love Abba...Immense in love...

Hebrews 2:21 It is crucial that we keep a firm grip on what we've heard so that don't drift off.

NOT run off...drift off...slow fade....become satisfied with and in playing in mud puddles when you offer a whole ocean and beach (CS Lewis)

created in Your image...not gods....God's
not gods....God's

Jesus came to rescue us...I am rescued....redeemed, like Gomer brought back to my first love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment