Thursday, July 7, 2011

Papa and I just talked this morning......in the midst of reading we simply drifted into a conversation and it was good. Really anytime w/Papa and here I mean, your earthly Papa is good. We talked about our parents and our parenting and wondered what kind of a legacy we are leaving?

It started with this verse in Hebrews 10, vs. 12 Sow righteousness, reap love.

We talked and remembered our childhoods and those of your folks, our kids and then we reminded each other to pray today ... you guys are growing up fast. We are here to encourage you in your faith, to live ours out loud and messy not for you to have to live up to or be scared of, to in our living in His love love you better and then who knows, maybe the legacy we leave is nothing but love and you will seek His face always not because of us or your folks but because He chose you.....

what is righteousness anyway?? You guys know that you can find anything out on the internet so I started looking and this one seemed closest to what I was thinking....

According to Frederick K.C. Price..."When you accept Christ as God's remedy for sine - when you accept Christ as your personal living Savior and Lord, and God declares you righteous.

The simplist definition of righteousness is, right standing with God.

As used in the New Testament:"Righteous" (Greek dikaios) means, "observing divine laws, keeping the commands of God; a way of thinking, feeling and acting that is comformed to the will of God." The simplist definition of righteousness is, right standing with God.

...pursue that? pursue Christ.....He has saved me, never leaves me, dwells in me...pursue Him?


then Papa leaves and I read the rest.....It's time to till the ready earth, it's time to dig in with God, Until he arrives with righteousness ripe for harvest.

then I read the Psalm for today 73......vs 1-3 .... No doubt about it! God is good— good to good people, good to the good-hearted.
But I nearly missed it, missed seeing his goodness. I was looking the other way, looking up to the people

looking and comparing myself to people....judging.....I almost missed this....He of course had other plans and I am grateful and awed and praying you all look to Him and only Him....that's a legacy i want to leave and pray to encourage you in that direction always. He loves you so much kiddo's and seeking Him and reading the Bible for yourselves will grow your fascination w/Him and your love, because you will see how very much He loves you....and well this refrain keeps running through my head

No comments:

Post a Comment