Tuesday, May 24, 2011

perfectly content in the quiet of being alone this morning......

i think of my Granddaughter and her game this past week. She of the sensitive heart and manipulative spirit like her mom and gigi before her.....praying that Christ will be enough to break this cycle of ungratitude and self contempt......

she had a game and struck out 4 times, that's simply a fact and no criticque of how she swings. Her Papa says she has a beautiful swing. And i believe him, I really do...esthetically a beautiful swing. She simply doesn't connect with the ball...doesn't keep her eye on the ball....swings before the ball is anywhere close to the plate. Her Papa says she has a beautiful swing....even as he said it I wondered if our Abba doesn't think the same of us....having given us everything we need to 'hit it' and we.......fail to trust the instincts He placed in us. Not our hearts, they are not to be trusted but an 'instinct'.......I don't...see I don't know how to communicate something...really anything but the 'instinct' to want to, to maybe even be able to, is lost in wanting to 'hit it out of the park' and not simply connect with the ball.....

but the instinct......to want everyone to know You is in me....please Abba help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment