Thursday, May 5, 2011

Matthew 22

Verses 29-33Jesus answered, "You're off base on two counts: You don't know your Bibles, and you don't know how God works. At the resurrection we're beyond marriage. As with the angels, all our ecstasies and intimacies then will be with God. And regarding your speculation on whether the dead are raised or not, don't you read your Bibles? The grammar is clear: God says, 'I am—not was—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob.' The living God defines himself not as the God of dead men, but of the living." Hearing this exchange the crowd was much impressed.

When Mommy and Daddy read their Bibles I hope you see them getting to know God. I hope and pray you see them getting softer and more loving and obedient to Him. I grew up w/only a 'thought' of God, never knowing Him or His word. Also not like some who grew up thinking that reading their Bibles made them MORE saved or smart, so I like that too. The Bible is His love letter to us, His way of letting us in on His thoughts and ways, not to think we can know all His thoughts and plans, He is after all God and we are simply His children and like Children w/the very best parent to know His love for us. To TRUST His plan.
TRUST that's a big word and filled w/wonder and hope. I am pretty sure you are going to be let down by the people you trust and while that makes me sad for you I want to remind you that HE is not a person that will let you down. Now you are not going to always know His ways because....because ....well He IS God after all and there are going to be things that happen that you just won't, can't know WHY. Whoa that's tough isn't it? That's where trusting in something, someone BIGGER than you will help.
The only way we can trust someone is to know them and that's where the Bible comes in, reading it will help you to know who He is, was and always will be no matter what we FEEL.
I have alot of 'feelings' and am learning that while He gave me the power to feel I am not always to TRUST them and have to ....HAVE TO look at them but not always believe or TRUST them. And when I remember that if I can't trust my feelings who/what can I trust and that usually brings me right back to Him and His love.
I pray that you all come to Know Him this way, that you sense His pursuit of you to LOVE you to a way of life that may not always make sense HERE but when you get to Heaven..well it will.
I love you all so much and pray that His love takes you places I never dreamed of going and that in the 'going' you all find that His ways, plans and trusting those ways, that you find a life of such RISK and JOY and LOVE........love Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment