Monday, May 9, 2011

Matthew 26

vs. 56.......Then all the disciples cut and ran.

That verse just in it's starkness....cuts deep. Just before in reading Ps. 71 I wanted to be that guy, David, confidently begging God to never let him be shamed about his belief and confidence in You......I think it's scary for me right now and in this passion for You, Your Son....Your Spirit may not be enough and I will .....give up, run away?

I read further and Jesus in the garden.....his friends/disciples unable to even stay awake with Him and His grace with them....alone...all alone and still trusting.....Judas and the guards come and ........He didn't fight and He didn't run......I used to run away and now I fight so hard against crap that doesn't make any difference......thinking I need to learn what to fight for...how to fight for something.... and maybe....maybe.....it's all about developing TRUST IN YOU????

I think this is the example for us.....to grasp, that focused on You....we can endure...persevere.....I am just so afraid I will cut and run.

btw.....I think Danielle is the only one who reads here that doesn't have 'author' privileges if you want to see some beautiful new family photos...go to www.brightonroadphotography and in clients type in baby k........sigh


No comments:

Post a Comment