Wednesday, April 20, 2011

David and Matthew 7

I hope you guys get to know David. I hope in reading over the years you find him to be inspirational and familiar. He wasn't perfect by any means, just as we are not called to perfection. He was a man after God's heart...a man who in his screw-ups, u-turned back to God. There's alot to be found in the OT stories and Davids is one of those.

And then the last couple of days of Matthew have been gut checkingly real, on why Papa and I love the DG process. The obedience, I will statements are life sustaining and we lived 50 years without them and even on our journey we didn't know...... Him being who He is tho we can start now......forgiven and GRACE filled we can ....
Jesus speaking / teaching in Matthew 7 vs 24 -27 "These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on. If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock. Rain poured down, the river flooded, a tornado hit—but nothing moved that house. It was fixed to the rock.
"But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don't work them into your life, you are like a stupid carpenter who built his house on the sandy beach. When a storm rolled in and the waves came up, it collapsed like a house of cards."

the I wills are working them into our life and I hope and pray someday you do the same. not to be perfect or good people but like David you will have discovered Him and know He loves you and created you for more than you can imagine. love you Gigi

btw....my i will this vacation is to love....expect nothing....and pray......

No comments:

Post a Comment